"Striving to end homelessness, sustaining housing, strengthening communities."
At MOSS, we’re a proud community-based support agency. Since 1989, MOSS has supported vulnerable Victorians, providing life-changing alternatives to our community’s most vulnerable people.
We exist to provide vulnerable Victorians experiencing homelessness or housing vulnerability, life-changing support and programs designed to make them feel secure and empowered.
We have wrapped our arms around the community, providing much-needed access to support, housing and social options for people who experience homelessness or at risk of becoming homeless.
"MOSS treats all people equally by ensuring they feel welcomed, connected, involved, secure and supported."
MOSS services rely on a consumer-based model that focuses on the well being of the people who aim to help. We aim to be a committed organisation that puts our consumers at the heart of everything we do.
Our five commitments:
- Welcome: We treat everyone with respect, focusing on building mutual trust in a safe and engaging space.
- Connected: We seek to understand. We listen. We connect to understand your needs
- Involved: Making people feel valued and involved is in our DNA. Building confidence, working with you to access the right support and programs. Empowering you through your choices.
- Supported: We are relentless in our focus to support you every step of the way. We take action and help change.
- Secure: We enable our clients – building a sense of security, independence and hope for the future.
Our commitments are held up by a series of overarching principles underpinned by the DHHS Service Delivery Standards: Empowerment, Access, Engagement, Wellbeing, and Participation.
The latest stories from MOSS
How you can help
Lend a helping hand to end homelessness
Support from the community and business sector can have a significant impact on the lives of those who are at risk of homelessness. Corporate sponsorship allows MOSS to help even more people facing uncertainty. Still, the simple act of a chat with a friendly face can have an unimaginable effect on someone’s social and emotional wellbeing.